💲💯💰Metal Buyer💰💯 💲 (Tualatin Sherwood Road)
All Star Labor & Staffing is partnered with a trash and recycle company that is looking for workers to assist in their Metal Buying positions.. Here are the details for the job. Pay is $19/HR and you MUST HAVE STEEL TOE BOOTS!!
Assist the Metals Program Manager in the purchase and process of ferrous and non-ferrous metals, operating a safe and efficient processing facility while following the standards set in the Company Mission statement, Policies and Procedures, and Safety and Health Handbook.
• Knowledge of metal grades.
• Maintain safe and efficient operation of all equipment including but not limited to, front end loader and forklift.
• Wear and use appropriate safety equipment.
• Move product or materials in and out of the warehouse using forklift and/or front end loader.
• Load and unload designated trailers and/or trucks.
• Examine, select, and purchase material at the most favorable price consistent with quality, quantity, specification requirements and other factors.
• Enter data into computer system including purchases and sales.
• Ensure excellent customer service.
• Remove contaminants from commodities.
• Assist customers in the public depot and buyback area when needed.
• Attend monthly safety meetings.
• Daily inspection of site conditions to ensure safety, cleanliness, and organization.
• Reliable and predictable on-site attendance is necessary.
• Willing to perform other incidental duties as required and assigned by management.
Skills and attributes:
• Ability to operate a forklift and front-end loader.
• Strong ability to perform multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast pace environment.
• Ability to maintain composure in a stressful work environment.
• Knowledge of safe equipment operation including but not limited to front end loader, forklift, shear, wire stripper and tote tipper.
• Strong ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and accurately.
• Ability to communicate information effectively.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
• Willingness to participate in job enhancement continuing education.
• Working in an outdoor/warehouse environment; some repetitive mechanical work.
• Frequent lifting, frequent computer dexterity; pushing, pulling, walking, climbing stairs, standing, kneeling, twisting, vision, hearing, talking.
• Must be able to lift up to 49lbs unassisted.
• Ability to drive an automobile.
Please apply online or call our branch!!
Here is our link, https://hrcenter.ontempworks.com/en/ASLS?inactivity=False
Please make sure to select the Portland branch,
Add dashes (-) in between your social security number.
Enter your birthday in this format mm/dd/yyyy
If you have any troubles our phone number 503-619-0811 receives texts and there are three people ready to help! (Office hours are 8-5 and closed from 12pm-1pm for lunch)