Accountant – Tax (Anderson)
Accountant - Tax (Anderson)
|Salary||Excellent wage and benefit package with growth opportunities|
We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
We are seeking a qualified Tax Accountant to be an integral part of the Company’s Accounting team with high-level responsibilities in tax and corporate accounting.
About The Position
• Tax accounting and tax return preparation in a variety of jurisdictions and for a variety of tax types
• Tax reporting and payment processing in multiple states
• Tax research, analysis, and effective planning
• Maintain records supporting state filing and nexus issues in approximately 40 states
• General ledger maintenance, account reconciliations, month-end close process, reporting and other analysis as needed
• Insure that appropriate internal control measures are followed
• Provide support and financial analysis as needed for special projects
• Cross-train in related positions to contribute to the team environment
• Multi-task and adapt to changing priorities while staying organized and meeting expected deadlines
• Exercise discretion with sensitive and confidential information
• 4-year degree in accounting, finance or related field; CPA and tax experience strongly preferred
• 2 to 5 years progressive work experience in accounting and/or tax; graduates with a strong academic record having emphasis in tax may be considered in lieu of work experience
• Strong organizational, mathematical, and analytical skills with the ability to effectively resolve problems
• Willingness to take on increasing responsibilities
• Skilled in leadership and communication
• Professional demeanor with the ability to work in a team environment
• Strong skills in Microsoft Suite of products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company-paid Life Insurance. Each year, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi-ind.com/careers
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is from $80,000 to $130,000 per year, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.
About Our Company
Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 and has grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producers in the U.S., employing over 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
We are a third generation family-owned company based in Northern California. Sierra Pacific owns and sustainably manages nearly 2 million acres of timberland in California and Washington. We are growing forests for our future, planting over 6 million new trees every year. Our forests are managed under a 100-year plan by Registered Professional Foresters, Wildlife Biologists, Botanists, and other professionals.
Sierra Pacific effectively uses nearly 100% of every piece of wood we bring to our facilities. In fact, any small amount that isn’t turned into hand-crafted doors and windows, millwork, lumber, or landscaping material is actually converted into electricity in our seven biomass-fueled power plants.
We are proud that all Sierra Pacific facilities follow our drug-free and tobacco-free policies. As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We use E-verify to verify the social security number and work authorization of all newly hired employees. Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
- Anderson Oregon 29621
Complete the form below to send a message to this owner.