Accounts Payable Technician (Redding)
|Salary||$18.00-$24.00 per hour DOE|
VESTRA Resources, Inc. is seeking candidates for a full-time Accounts Payable Technician to join our Administrative Department.
This is a full-time, 40 hours/ week, benefited position. This is not a remote position; this position will report to our office location in Redding, California.
VESTRA is an Environmental, Engineering and GIS Consulting firm located in Redding, California that has been serving the Northstate since 1988.
The individual hired for the Accounts Payable Technician position will be responsible for performing various levels of accounting functions including but not limited to account payables, coordinating payment for subcontractors with reimbursement schedules, and respond to vendors on account status, and other duties. Provide general administrative support to staff members as requested.
Day-to-day tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Preparing, recording, and processing accounts payable and cash disbursements.
• Responsible for data entry, coding, obtaining approvals, and auditing receipts.
• Assist in the posting of accounts to the General Ledger for Accounts Receivable, Cash Receipts, Accounts Payables, Cash Disbursements
• Prepare and coordinate bank deposits.
• Review open invoice reports; follow up with a schedule of payments or adjustments.
• Will ensure timely payments of vendor invoices, maintain computerized and manual files, respond to vendor inquiries on account status, research invoice data, check-run processing, prepare 1099’s at year end and other projects as assigned.
• Coordinate employee credit card program; require receipts, verify proper use.
• Maintain required records, reports and files in an organized manner.
• Assists with monthly management reports as needed.
• Perform the basic duties of Receptionist as needed – answers phones, forward calls, take messages, greets customers, answers questions.
• Cross trained in preparing invoices for consulting projects.
• Performs other projects and tasks as assigned.
• High school diploma required, A.A. degree in accounting preferred, plus 3 years related accounting work experience; or any other equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bookkeeping experience preferred.
• Good working knowledge of Windows, Internet browsers, MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Good working knowledge of basic accounting and bookkeeping principles.
• Proficient with computers, printers, fax machines, multi-line telephone systems.
• Proficient with various computerized accounting programs. Experience with CCH ProSystem fx Practice Management and CCH Small Firms accounting programs a plus.
• Excellent communication skills, by telephone, face to face, e-mail and written.
• Excellent organization and time management skills, work on own initiative, prioritize between conflicting demands, and ask for additional tasks when work is done.
• Strong interpersonal skills, experience and ability to work well within a team.
• Ability to create and maintain trust and confidentiality.
• Ability to work at a consistently high level of accuracy and to meet deadlines.
• Current/valid unrestricted driver’s license required
• Authorized to work lawfully in the United States required
VESTRA is an equal-opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. VESTRA intends to employ the best available persons in every position. VESTRA is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in Company operations.
VESTRA offers competitive pay and benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, LTD), 401k plan, and opportunities for training and professional growth. The hourly rate for this position is $18.00 – $24.00 and will be assigned based on the level of qualifications and experience applicable to the position. Please send letter of interest and resume Human Resources by responding to this job posting. Visit our website for more information about us at https://www.vestra.com/.
For cost-of-living information in Shasta County visit the Shasta Economic Development Corporation website at https://www.shastaedc.org/regional-data/demographics/.
VESTRA will not sponsor applicants for work visas.