|Salary||$14 - $15 hr. depending on qualifications 20-25 hrs. per week|
The Josephine County Food Bank is a regional food bank serving Josephine County through a network of 11 pantries, 5 community kitchens, and 11 supplemental agencies. With a small staff and team of dedicated volunteers, we distribute food to low and no income individuals and families, helping to feed around 12,000 individuals each month. The Food Bank is home to Raptor Creek Farm where each year we grow thousands of pounds of fresh produce, which is an important part of the more than one million pounds of food we distribute each year.
Our organization is searching for a part-time experienced, reliable, and task-oriented individual. The administrative assistant will work directly with the executive director and be responsible for performing a wide range of administrative duties. This position requires the ability to assist in day-to-day operations, program administration, and event coordination. This position is ideal for an individual who can look at the big picture, put efficient systems into place, and assist in the details of an organization. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organization that serves Josephine County.
QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management and visitors by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, making reservations or travel arrangements, and generally being helpful and a positive presence in the workplace.
To be successful as an administrative assistant, candidates should have a keen eye for details, be attentive and accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. Administrative assistants must be comfortable with QuickBooks, computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, administrative assistants should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
• Process incoming mail
• Assist with answering phones and greeting the public
• Process daily deposits
• Process all donations
• Occasionally attend meetings outside the office. (i.e., Chamber Greeters, Radio Spotlight, Quarterly Partner Agency Meetings.)
• Assist with volunteer coordination and fundraising events
• Assist with social media
• Monthly credit card reconciliation processing
• Process accounts payables and receivables
• Generate mail list for mailers
• Purchase office, warehouse, and janitorial supplies
• Assist executive director in preparing reports
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned
• At a minimum, two (2) years of clerical experience of which one (1) year or more included typing/keyboarding, and Microsoft Office Suites.
• One (1) year QuickBooks experience
• Very organized, can see the big picture, detailed oriented, and good at prioritizing
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes in the business
• Good email, phone, and in-person communicator
• Internet proficiency in research and communication
• Ability to qualify and negotiate vendors
• Proficiency with Google & Microsoft Office applications