Assistant Park Ranger (Linn County, Oregon)
|Salary||$18.50 per hour|
|How To Applyfirstname.lastname@example.org.|
CLASSIFICATION TITLE OF THE JOB: Assistant Park Ranger
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER: N/A
CLASSIFICATION CATEGORY: Seasonal Temporary, Non-Benefited Position working up to 40 hours per week.
DEPARTMENT: Linn County Parks and Recreation: Cascadia County Park, John Neal County Park, Lewis Creek County Park, River Bend County Park, Sunnyside County Park, Waterloo County Park, Whitcomb Creek County Park; USFS Parks located in the Willamette National Forest.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (Depending on assigned Park location, you may be required to perform any or all of these essential job functions):
• Patrol parks on foot or by vehicle; assist with code compliance.
• Collect camping and day use fees; maintain proper logbooks.
• Prepare reports and provide public information to park visitors.
• Must provide excellent customer service to park patrons; must be able to assess and resolves complaints appropriately.
• Must be friendly, conscientious and responsible.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with management, park rangers, co-workers and visitors.
• Cleaning of park grounds; pruning shrubs and trees.
• Perform general lawn maintenance using mowers, tractors and attachments.
• Servicing and restocking restrooms and picnic facilities; garbage removal.
• Repair vandalized park facilities and assist with general construction maintenance projects and general carpentry.
• Maintain regular and predictable work attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Ability to learn park rules, area information, and educate park visitors.
• Ability to follow directions, manage multiple tasks to parks standards and complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Ability to operate a variety of hand tools, power tools, and small equipment.
• Ability to perform general maintenance to park buildings and facilities; perform janitorial services, including the use of chemicals.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions.
• Must be available to work Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
• Position requires frequent standing, walking, squatting, bending, kneeling, twisting, and repetitive forward and overhead reaching. Ability to lift/carry 50lbs. and push objects weighing up to 90 lbs; Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time.
• Must have, or be willing to obtain, a First Aid/AED Card.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be a graduate from a senior high school or have your GED; possess a valid Oregon Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record and pass a criminal background check. Must be at least 18 years old at the time of hire.
SALARY, BENEFITS, COMPENSATION: This is a Seasonal Temporary, Non-Benefited Position; $18.50 per hour.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled.
This recruitment is for multiple seasonal roles (generally 3 to 6 months). These positions will typically begin work between March and June and work thru mid-September.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a completed Linn County Employment Application to: Adam Brenneman, Assistant Parks Operations Supervisor, Linn County Parks and Recreation, 3010 Ferry St. SW, Albany, OR 97322; Fax: 541-924-6915 or via email at email@example.com.
Application forms may be obtained through the Linn County webpage at www.co.linn.or.us/jobstemp.html.
LINN COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER