Human Resources Coordinator
|Salary||DOE: Commensurate to Experience and Excellent Benefits|
|How To Apply||Visit website at http://www.fdthomas.com/careers, download application, then send the completed application and your resume to email@example.com or fax to 866-554-3010.|
F.D. Thomas, Inc. is seeking a highly organized, service-oriented employee to perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations for the Human Resources Department. The HR Coordinator maintains a variety of human resources activities and programs including, staffing, benefits, training, records and compliance. This is a great opportunity to learn, grow and be a part of a dynamic Human Resources team! This position reports directly to the Director of Human Resources.
Headquartered in Southern Oregon, F.D. Thomas, Inc. (“FDT”) was founded in 1979 and is one of the nation’s largest specialty services contractors. FDT performs commercial and industrial painting, waterproofing, roofing, infrastructure restoration and other specialty services. FDT has offices across the West Coast and provides expert service for major industrial facilities, commercial building owners, government agencies and entertainment/sports complexes. Since inception, the management and workforce of FDT have embraced the company’s value equation of Great People + Great Work = Extraordinary Company, in the process earning a reputation as a value-added service provider.
The various examples given of the duties performed by the HR Coordinator are neither restricted nor all-encompassing of the duties of this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Work directly with and report to the HR Director regarding all HR endeavors
• Support the HR Director in educating employees on and enforcing company policies
• Assist in the full hiring process of employees, including recruitment, interviews, verifying work-history and
references, and tracking of new possible candidates
• Help with new-hire procedures, including organizing employee orientation, creating new employee electronic files, administering employee handbooks, and ensuring all necessary paperwork is properly filled out and submitted to appropriate persons
• Organize, maintain and update employee HRIS information as needed
• Track benefit plans, including health care, retirement, Workers Comp, etc.
• Prepare materials and help organize employee performance reviews
• Execute all employee termination procedures, including advising employees on their rights and any benefits they are entitled to
• Present any new or additional training materials to employees
• Foster positive employee relations and work to solve any employee issues that surface
• Make sure all employee records are filed correctly and kept confidential
• Abide by company-enforced HR processes and current employment laws and regulations
• Under the leadership of the HR Director, be a vital source of human resources information, answering any questions employees may have
• Support any other special projects the HR Director needs assistance with
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• AA degree or minimum of two years related HR/Business experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent customer service skills, communication and phone etiquette required.
• Proficient in the use of office equipment including computers, fax, printers, and copiers
• Knowledge of Payroll and Oregon, Washington & California Labor Laws
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to deliver high-quality work
• Skilled in HRIS Systems, MS Office with emphasis in Excel
• Knowledge of General Ledger helpful
• Ability to work under pressure and multi-task to meet time schedules
• Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Accuracy and speed – able to type 45-60 WPM
• Analytical – Collects and researches data
• Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality and work independently
• Judgement – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment, Supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, sets goals and objectives
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality
“FD Thomas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.”
• Excellent medical, dental, vision
• 4% 401(k) match at hire
• Flexible Spending Plan
• 1 week vacation per year, 2 weeks the second year, sick time accrual
• 6 paid national holidays