Local Passenger Drivers needed! (Redmond)
|Salary||$19.23 to $20.45/hour depending on qualifications|
Local Bus Drivers needed! Starting at $19.23 or $20.45 per hour depending on qualifications! Are you looking for long-term, steady work with great benefits? Are you service oriented and want to play an important part in the local community? Come join a growing local agency. Cascades East Transit is looking for qualified drivers to operate transit buses throughout the Central Oregon community. Don’t have a Commercial Drivers License? No problem, we will train you! Earn while you learn! Work while you train towards your CDL. (Training wage is different than fully licensed drivers).
Generally, Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Days and hours may vary. Both full and part-time shifts available. Want even more flexibility? Apply for an on-call position!
Positions are based out of Redmond. Routes serve throughout Central Oregon
Benefits include health, dental and vision. One low monthly premium covers both you and your dependents. Earn vacation and sick time from day one. Other benefits available include employer paid retirement, life insurance and many more.
Summary of Duties:
Safely operate and transport passengers in a commercial motor vehicle. Safely and courteously assist passengers with mobility devices and assist with carry-on items. Collect appropriate passenger fare and record passenger trips on a mobile data terminal. Perform pre-trip and post-trip internal and external vehicle inspections according to CET procedures. Report vehicle defects or problems to supervisor. Report accidents or other traffic issues to Dispatchers. Keep the interior of the vehicle clean, wash the exterior of vehicles as assigned. Write daily reports in a logical and readable manner. Other duties that may be assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Abilities:
– High School diploma, GED or equivalent is required. Must be 21 years of age or older to operate a public passenger vehicle.
– Represent COIC in a manner that will maintain and promote the positive reputation of the organization.
– Must possess a CDL or have the ability to obtain a CDL including an ODOT Medical Card
– Ability to pass post-offer criminal background and driving background check, including driving history. No more than 2 moving violations in the last 12 months and no convictions of driving under the influence of any prohibited substance.
– Must have a driving record which demonstrates adherence to safety in the operation of motor vehicles and adherence to traffic laws and regulations.
– Must have no criminal conviction which may, in the sole judgment of COIC, constitute a threat to property or the safety of others. No history of class A felony offenses; time frame for Class B or C felony is 15 years; time frame for Class A, B or C misdemeanor is 10 years.
– Must have the ability to pass and maintain a clean pre-employment drug screen including THC. Per DOT and FTA requirements, all driver positions are subject to random drug screening throughout employment.
Check out this opportunity at https://www.coic.org/careers/. Official job title – CDL, Full-Time Transit Bus Driver. If you do not have a current CDL with at least a Class B, with Airbrake and Passenger endorsements, apply for the Non CDL, Full-Time Driver position.