Personnel Source is looking for a Logistics Coordinator. for our Harrisburg client!
This position is Monday-Friday 7/8am-4/5pm
The basic functions of a Logistics Coordinator is to coordinate the use of outside trucks to pick-up and deliver freight from new or existing accounts and solicit customers (existing and prospective), developing opportunities for freight to be moved by company assets and outside carriers.
Additional job functions include the utilization of web boards to post loads and accept web tenders, recruiting additional independent contractors (partner carriers), and coordination of freight with other logistics business units, negotiating customer rates and carrier pay and maintaining gross profit margin goals.
Qualified candidates for this position will possess the following skills and abilities:
• Excellent organizational skills
• Maintain excellent professional customer service while dispatching drivers via email, text and phone.
• Multitasking and taking last minute directions to changes and be able to maintain a professional attitude while doing it.
• Ability to communicate and coordinate the pick-up and delivery of freight, to inform drivers about load requirements, delivery instructions, directions to job sites, and provide tie down and handling instructions clearly.
• Contact existing carriers in the database to negotiate freight rates.
• Complete carrier negotiation and provide to the carrier.
• Perform daily check calls first thing in the morning to ensure that pick up and delivery dates and times are met.
• Ability to work as a team member, focusing on the team goal and creating lasting, positive work relationships.
• The ability and willingness to regularly contact new and existing customers to determine opportunities through Cold Calls and solicitation.
• Be willing to follow up all potential leads provided by the inside and outside sales team.
• Communicate the results of your sales efforts.
This is a full-time, temp-to-hire, opportunity!
To be considered for this position please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org