|How To Apply||https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZG1vb2R5LjMzMjI0Ljk4ODRAcGFjaWZpY3JldGlyZW1lbnQuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t|
PRS Management, Inc. is looking to fill the position of Network Operations Technician. This position will be responsible for the daily monitoring operations of our computer networks. This technician will be involved with the documentation, monitoring and maintenance of our environment to ensure optimal efficiency and reliability. To be successful in this role, a strong understanding of network infrastructure and the ability to administer and troubleshoot network devices are needed. The ability to clearly and concisely communicate to staff within the IT department, end users and vendors/partners is a must.
Pacific Retirement Services, a non-profit leader in the senior living/hospitality industry.
At our core, we develop, build, and operate communities filled with friendly neighbors, interesting activities, inspiring conversations, delicious food, and plenty of laughter. We also share our experience and knowledge with other retirement communities who seek our management services, helping them achieve excellence and financial stability. All of this is backed by buy our Health Center teams with services that include skilled nursing, assisted living, memory care and home care. Currently we operate 13 retirement communities in 6 states. In addition we also operate a multitude of affordable housing properties as well as a community volunteer network right here in Medford, OR.
- A great work environment. We have a fantastic company culture.
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday time
- 401k with match
- An additional Employer Funded Retirement Plan
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage
- Create and maintain network diagrams and technical support documentation
- Basic switching and routing troubleshooting
- Coordinate with Helpdesk and onsite resources for networking tasks
- IP/subnet documentation and maintenance
- Monitor and implement network/domain user/device policies
- Assist with disaster recovery and back-up operations as needed
- Monitor and recommend security improvements and system upgrades
- Monitor network to ensure optimal performance, availability and reliability
- Provide statistics and trending reports for use in capacity planning
- Remote and onsite administration and troubleshooting
- Configure and install various network devices and services
- Test release of products to minimize user impact and ensure compatibility
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Liaise with partners, vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Some afterhours and weekend work may be required to perform upgrades during times when the network is under lesser utilization.
- Travel to remote communities will be required as necessary.
- Network Technician Qualifications/Skills:
- Fundamental knowledge of switching, routing and firewall networking concepts
- Hands-on technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols
- Familiarity with network management and monitoring tools
- Multi-year experience with local area and wide area network administration
- Critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly and efficiently
- Ability to independently find solutions using documentation and internet resources
- Ability to work with all levels of IT staff inside and outside the organization
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills to assist non-technical individuals with complex technical issues
Education and Experience Preferences:
- Associates degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years? experience in a multi-location network administration role
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN?s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Experience with reporting and monitoring software such as Solarwinds, WhatsUpGold, PRTG, Cacti, etc.
- Experience with Cisco/HP/Aruba switches and routers preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019 a plus
- CCNA, CWNA, or other certification preferred