Personnel Source is looking for a Production Buyer for our Eugene client!
This position is temporary to cover a leave of absence for 12 weeks, but has the potential for temp to hire.
The Production Buyer will be self-motivated to purchase materials, supplies and services for production. The buyer will research, evaluate, and buy products to meet productions daily operational needs at the negotiated best price from reliable Vendors. They will select and procure products. The ideal candidate for the production buyer position is astute, analytical, and a skilled negotiator. This position reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Purchase parts and services for production needs and schedule, to ensure on time delivery to the production floor.
• Analyze and work with production managers and vendors to eliminate possible shortages.
• Work with production managers to clarify purchases of departmental needs, and refine specifications for future purchase orders
• Make purchase decisions in accordance with company procedures and policies
• Investigate and cultivate new sources for supplies and products
• Identify and select vendors using criteria such as quantity, quality, price, and delivery date
• Research and prepare bid specifications for production parts
• Review quotes and secures the most competitive bids
• Schedule requests for quote on A and B class parts. (A class being the highest priority)
• Solve problems in receiving, production and warehouse in an efficient and timely manner
• Report cost savings and cost avoidances
• Work with warehouse manager to determine min-max requirements with vendors
• Order special request parts as needed
• Responsible for clearing aged purchase orders
• Establish lead times in order system
• Work with production, receiving and warehouse personnel to continuously improve process and procedures
• Resolve invoice problems within one day of notification
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent negotiating skills
• Good math skills to include percentages and fractions
• Ability to work with all levels of the organization
• Ability to be adaptable and flexible to changing workplace priorities
• Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing
• Must demonstrate initiative; Ability to work independently
• 5+ years in Purchasing. Preferred additional experience with Planning, and/or inventory control
• Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 is required
• Must have experience working with manufacturing ERP system
• Experience with building and maintaining relationships with suppliers
• Experience in project management
• Experience leading cost reduction initiatives
• Proficient with mainstream desktop office applications including Microsoft Office suite
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Management, Logistics, or related field is a plus
To be considered, please email your resume to email@example.com