Real Estate and Accounting Assistant (Anderson, CA)
At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing third-generation family-owned forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs.
The successful applicant will be responsible for real property administration for the Company’s Land Investment and Development Division. This position will provide accounting support and be responsible for maintaining the Company’s property lease program and various land investment and development projects.
About The Position
• Title research, processing and reporting
• Administer real property taxes
• Communicate with various lending, government, and title authorities regarding real property transactions
• Assist with land acquisitions, sales and exchanges to ensure compliance with accounting, legal and timing requirements
• Lease accounting and reporting for property lease contracts
• Account for and prepare reports related to land investment and development activity
• Review and evaluate complex contract language and title documents related to land transactions
• Monthly, quarterly and annual accounting for Division, including GL, AP, AR, and fixed assets
• General clerical and administrative support
• Local travel to deliver and/or pick up documents
• Minimum 2 years accounting and/or bookkeeping experience including GL, AP, AR, and fixed assets
• 2 years title and real estate work or similar experience preferred
• Current Notary license and real estate license, or ability to obtain
• Strong organizational, mathematical and analytical skills
• Proven ability to resolve problems, meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Understand and appropriately use discretion with sensitive and confidential information
• Strong skills in Microsoft Suite of products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please either apply online or send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by July 30th, 2021 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
Interested in SPI, but not this job? Look for future openings at: www.spi-ind.com/careers
About Our Company
Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 and has grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producers in the U.S., employing over 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
We are a third generation family-owned company based in Northern California. Sierra Pacific owns and sustainably manages nearly 2 million acres of timberland in California and Washington. We are growing forests for our future, planting over 6 million new trees every year. Our forests are managed under a 100-year plan by Registered Professional Foresters, Wildlife Biologists, Botanists, and other professionals.
Sierra Pacific effectively uses nearly 100% of every piece of wood we bring to our facilities. In fact, any small amount that isn’t turned into hand-crafted doors and windows, millwork, lumber, or landscaping material is actually converted into electricity in our seven biomass-fueled power plants.
We are proud that all Sierra Pacific facilities follow our drug-free and tobacco-free policies. As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We use E-verify to verify the social security number and work authorization of all newly hired employees. Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.