Credit/Collections Clerk for Knife River
|Salary||Entry wage $16.00 per hour plus full benefit package|
|How To Apply||To be considered for this position, candidates must complete and submit an employment application at https://jobs.mdu.com/PositionDetail.aspx?ID=20439 by the posting deadline of August 11, 2020. If unable to complete an application online you may print and send completed application to Knife River Corp, PO Box 4430, Medford, OR 97501. PLEASE NOTE!! We cannot accept a resume without the application!!|
Good pay! Good benefits! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it’s our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we’re growing! We are adding people to our team every day; people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Credit/Collections Clerk in Medford, Oregon!
The Credit/Collections clerk will assist the Credit Manager with the credit and collection process. Duties will include:
– Calling on past due accounts
– Processing credit applications
– Managing credit files
– Maintaining accounts receivable agings
– Assisting with payment reconciliations
– Preparing billing adjustments
– Preparing waivers
– Processing credit card payments
– Other duties as assigned
– One to three years experience in collections and credit, accounts receivable or related field
– Excellent written and verbal skills required
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
– Familiarity with Oregon lien and construction law
– Computerized data entry
– 10-key adding machine
– Filing skills
– Knowledge of JD Edwards accounting system a plus
– Speed, accuracy, efficiency, reliability, and good attendance required
– Must be able to work in a confidential environment, meet deadlines, prioritize work, be flexible to changing work priorities
– Must work well under pressure and in a variety of environments
– Need a positive attitude, the ability to work well with others, and deal with the public in a positive, professional manner
– Normal work week is Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, but must be able to work overtime if necessary
Knife River offers a competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, eight paid holidays and paid time off. Upon job offer, must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
Veterans: Put your skills to work with us!
At Knife River, we are committed to helping our military transition to civilian life. We are constantly looking to add veterans to our workforce and want to make the transition as smooth as possible. There are many jobs within the military that are transferable to our Credit/Collections Clerk position:
Army – Finance Specialist
Coast Guard – Storekeeper
Navy – Logistics Specialist, Accounting Officer
Marines – Personnel Clerk, Finance Technician or Management Specialist
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, candidates must complete and submit an employment application at https://jobs.mdu.com/PositionDetail.aspx?ID=20439 by the posting deadline of August 11, 2020. If unable to complete an application online you may print and send completed application to Knife River Corp, PO Box 4430, Medford, OR 97501. PLEASE NOTE!! We cannot accept a resume without the application!!
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.