Financial Assistant - Partially Remote Position (Ashland)
|Part-Time, Temporary, Flexible, DOE
|$26- $28 / hour
Established Professional Botanical and Nutritional Products Company Seeks Financial Assistant to Join our Team
Natura Health Products® has been delivering exceptional quality botanical and nutritional supplements to healthcare practitioners and their patients for over 20 years. Founded and headquartered in Ashland, Oregon, our line is formulated by Clinical Master Herbalist and Certified Nutritionist Donnie Yance using a comprehensive formulation philosophy that is fueled by traditional knowledge, modern research, and over four decades of extensive application in a clinical setting. Our unique, effective formulas contain historically and scientifically validated botanical and nutritional ingredients in therapeutic amounts to support positive patient outcomes for healthcare professionals.
Maintain a complete set of financial books for the company that involves posting, balancing, reconciling accounts, and preparing financial reports.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
• Establishes and maintains a wide variety of company accounts. Posts a variety of payments. Audits invoices and prepares checks for payment.
• Maintains a complete set of books, ensuring accuracy.
• Maintains books for all incoming and outgoing forms of payments.
• Makes all bank deposits and reconciles bank statements.
• Posts all credit card transactions and reconcile credit card statements.
• Performs check writing, online payments, and phone payments to vendors.
• Solicits receipts for all credit card transactions.
• Performs all processing of a/p invoice payments and credit memos, including credit card, and LOC payments.
• Prioritizes payments and ensures sufficient cash flows to make payments.
• Runs weekly Unpaid Bills report for management payment decisions.
• Sorts mail.
• Performs routine business transactions on a day-to-day, month-to-month basis.
• Reconciles petty cash.
• Sends monthly statements to customers.
• Monitors and collects past due accounts receivable accounts.
• Verify, allocate, and post transactions into proper journals making sure that there are documents to back up all transactions.
• Provides accurate statements for the CEO and Financial Manager; keep CEO/Financial Manager informed as to the balances of internal accounts.
• Assists in meeting federal and state legal requirements by filing reports and advising management on required activities.
• Files all relevant documents.
• Associate’s degree in Business Management or Accounting or an equivalent combination of acceptable training and experience.
• Demonstrated 3-years’ experience preferred.
• Knowledge of bookkeeping and different accounting programs.
• Proficient in Excel, Word, and QuickBooks with quick adaptability to new applications and processes.
• Manual skills for typing, keying, filing, storage, and removal of records.
• Ability to perform detailed work with numerical data and make arithmetic computations rapidly and easily.
• Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Dependability and strong work ethic.
• Ability to take direction and work independently.
• Demonstrated kindness, respect, and overall reflection of the mission and vision of the company.
For more information, please visit: www.naturahealthproducts.com
Status: Part-time, non-exempt, approximately 20 hours per week, partially remote position
Benefits: Generous PTO and holiday pay, flexible schedule, product discounts, and beautiful office.
To apply: Please submit your resume and a COVER LETTER to Claire McKenzie explaining your interest in joining our team.