Office Coordinator - Hiring Event 2/19 (Anderson)
At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing third-generation family-owned forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs.
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking a qualified Office Coordinator to assist the department with overall office & shop operations at our Fabrication Shop in Anderson, CA.
About The Position
• Work with and support Manager, Superintendent, Engineers and other crew members
• Project cost accounting and reconciliation for multiple projects
• Create and maintain multiple spreadsheets
• Enter and review purchase orders ensuring accuracy
• Receive parts through Common Carriers, UPS and Inter-Company transport
• Resolve problems and issues with vendors such as returns, expediting and billing
• Manage and handle travel arrangements for the shop
• Schedule maintenance and repairs on fleet vehicles and office
• Maintain inventory for office supplies, consumables, and other items as assigned
• Answer and route incoming calls, handle office equipment, detailed record keeping, invoicing and filing
• Plan department events such as safety lunches and employee appreciation events
• Weekly payroll, ensuring accuracy for hours as well as project coding for the time spent
• Cross train and learn other office functions to assist the other division onsite
• Verifiable progressive office experience or education equivalent. Experience in an industrial environment preferred
• Proficient in Excel is critical. Experience with Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
• Ability to work independently with minimal instruction and supervision
• Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, emphasis on prioritizing and re-prioritizing quickly
• Team player who interacts positively and professionally with coworkers
• High level of diplomacy, discretion and judgment
• Excellent organizational and written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills with ability to identify alternative resolutions
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person:
Friday, February 19th from 7:00am – 9:00am or 4:00pm – 6:00pm
Sierra Pacific Industries
19758 Riverside Avenue
Anderson, CA 96007
Can’t make it in? Give us a call.
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
Interested in SPI, but not this job? Look for future openings at: www.spi-ind.com/careers
About Our Company
Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 and has grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producers in the U.S., employing over 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
We are a third generation family-owned company based in Northern California. Sierra Pacific owns and sustainably manages nearly 2 million acres of timberland in California and Washington. We are growing forests for our future, planting over 6 million new trees every year. Our forests are managed under a 100-year plan by Registered Professional Foresters, Wildlife Biologists, Botanists, and other professionals.
Sierra Pacific effectively uses nearly 100% of every piece of wood we bring to our facilities. In fact, any small amount that isn’t turned into hand-crafted doors and windows, millwork, lumber, or landscaping material is actually converted into electricity in our seven biomass-fueled power plants.
We are proud that all Sierra Pacific facilities follow our drug-free and tobacco-free policies. As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We use E-verify to verify the social security number and work authorization of all newly hired employees. Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.