PAYROLL CLERK (Tangent)
|Salary||$17.50 - $22.00/hr DOE + Excellent Benefits!|
Good pay! Good benefits! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it’s our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we’re growing!
Knife River Northwest has an immediate opening for a Payroll Clerk within our Willamette Valley Tangent Administrative office. This position will work on a weekly, large volume payroll of 1000+ employees.
Responsibilities will include:
– Audit and post manual payroll cards and electronic payroll files.
– Print payroll checks and advices and distribute.
– Process payroll liabilities and deductions.
– Provide backup to various accounting areas as needed due to work volume changes.
– Assure all safety policies and procedures are followed to prevent any unsafe actions, processes and behaviors.
– Other duties as assigned.
– High School diploma or equivalent required.
– At least two years of experience processing payroll preferred.
– Must have previous accounting and computer experience with keyboard typing and 10 key adding machine.
– Accuracy, attention to detail, efficiency and reliability are a must.
– Must have the ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work.
– Must have high ethical standards and the ability to maintain confidential information.
– Must have strong phone skills and the ability to communicate and work well with others.
– Display a professional and courteous attitude towards all team members and customers
– Ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen.
Knife River Northwest is a “people-first company” that offers a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401k with matching contribution, profit sharing. We offer a very competitive hourly wage based on qualifications and experience. The work we do matters at Knife River Northwest, so we offer “work-life balanced” flex scheduling, paid time off and paid holidays.
Veterans: Put Your Skills to Work with Us!
At Knife River, we are committed to helping our military transition to civilian life. We are constantly looking to add veterans to our workforce and want to make the transition as smooth as possible. There are many jobs within the military that are transferable to our Payroll Supervisor position:
Army: Finance Specialist
Coast Guard: Storekeeper
Navy: Logistics Specialist, Accounting Officer
Marines: Finance Technician, Management Specialist
How To Apply:
To be considered for this position, candidates must complete and submit an employment application at jobs.mdu.com by the posting deadline. If unable to complete an application online you may print and send completed application to any Knife River NW address or stop in one of our locations to complete an application. Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
If you are an individual with a qualified disability as defined by federal, state, or local law and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application for any reason, please contact your state employment agency or you may call 541-693-5960 to speak with a human resources representative.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.